Businesses that put effort into a digital content strategy see 7.8 times more growth in unique site traffic each year than those who don’t.
Being a leader when it comes to content planning and strategy requires more than simply writing great blogs and uploading photos to social media.
How do you become a content leader in a way that allows your company to grow while crafting a loyal audience? Here’s everything you need to know.
What is a Digital Content Strategy?
When it comes to digital content strategies, many businesses find that they don’t quite know where to start. This is usually because they’re not quite sure what a digital content strategy even is.
To put it simply, it’s a goal-oriented process that helps give you direction when it comes to content planning and creation.
However, the term “content” is very broad, and there are many things that fall under the content planning umbrella. These include:
- Developing website content
- Researching keywords
- Creating an SEO strategy
- Writing an SEO-optimized blog
- Pay-per-click (PPC) advertising
- Creating and planning social media content
There are a lot of things to consider, right? That’s why developing a solid content plan is so crucial in today’s digital world.
How to Create a Quality Content Strategy
It’s rare that a company can craft quality content and grow their business over time without a solid strategy to do so.
This means that beginning with a plan is the most important aspect of creating a quality content strategy.
Without a solid foundation and idea of where you’re headed, all of your SEO, blog, and social media efforts will go to waste. They need direction.
So, to help you get started with this type of content planning, you’ll want to answer:
- What are your goals? Are you looking to raise brand awareness or increase site visits?
- What makes your business different and how can you show that through your content?
- Who is your target audience? Make sure you know a lot about them.
- What are your target keywords and how are you going to use them?
- What are the platforms that will help you reach your target audience? Not all companies need a Facebook content strategy!
- How are you going to promote your content and how will you analyze the metrics?
All of these are important when creating a content strategy.
While it might seem like a lot to take in, you’re definitely not alone. 67% of B2B marketers use content management technology or service to ensure they’re doing it right.
Hiring Help for Content Strategy Creation
Many businesses all over the world outsource various aspects of digital marketing.
If you’re not quite sure where to start or what your company even needs, it makes sense to get help with creating a digital content strategy that’s going to help you grow your brand over time.
Whether you’ve got questions about what your business might need the most or simply want to get started crafting your strategy today, you can contact us to schedule a free consultation.
We offer a wide range of digital marketing services that include SEO, web development, branding, and more.